Ask a Stripper

Empowering exotic dancers since 2004!

Stripper Shoes

Becoming a Stripper or How to Be a Better Stripper


Thinking of becoming a stripper? Three things you should know:

You Don't Need to Know How to Dance

It's true you will pick a lot of it up watching other dancers and putting your own twist on things.

Some strippers are graceful and some really sloppy but still make money. Sex appeal is what counts and if you take care of your body and mind you will be a successful stripper.

Mind you women's bodies were meant to move in strange, sexy and crazy ways so if you've always wanted to dance just jump right in.

What will help you: Running, ballet, yoga, rock climbing, Capoeira, martial arts, strength training.

Stripping IS and IS NOT Recession Proof

I've already worked through two recessions and this will be my third (someone stop me!) and what it all comes down to is how you manage your money.

On a bad day you can still make more than some people make in a week and that is no lie even in so-called times like these. I say that because I think hypothetical financial melt-downs are the best times to make money.

What you can do? Educate yourself about money! If you're the Internet user type and I bet you are, find as much information as you can about finances. It's not as hard as you think.

Places online I would recommend are Yahoo! Finance because it is written in English and there are good articles by Rich Dad dude Robert Kiyosaki, Ben Stein and David Bach. I like Suze Orman but I think she complicates things so don't go thinking you'll never live up to what she says because her financial expectations are very high for people. Not that you should settle for less with money but that is just my thoughts about her specifically.

One of the best books that saved my financial life is Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth. It's law of attraction meets a philosophical finance guru. It is not complicated to read at all and gives you glimpse to changing your attitude towards money and think in a wealth oriented terms.

Get it and it will teach you how think with a wealth mind and show you specifically how to manage your money. No I'm not money wealthy at the moment (I am time wealthy) but my mind now has a direction to work towards.

Which brings us to:

Have a Goal

How will becoming a stripper help you?

What do you want to achieve and how becoming a stripper will get you there that much faster?

Pay for school? Pay off debt? Are you just dirt poor? Need a car or house? Got a drug habit? Pay for treatment instead! It's way cheaper.

You're ultimate goal should be to get in and get out but that comes later.

Think with the end in mind BEFORE you start dancing or you'll end up as a career stripper like me, which isn't a bad thing mind you. Lot's of girl do it and it's not about being sucked into a lifestyle. You don't have to deal with office politics or a bunch of other crap. In most cases it makes life easier.

When I started I was just broke as a joke but becoming a stripper helped me mature in ways I'd never imagined. For me I just needed money. (Notice how I didn't say JOB - Just Over Broke does anyone really need a job?) I worked a few years and then quit, had a career, quit that and came back and have been doing it steadily for the past five years. It is what I like to do. Do I have a goal in mind? Yes. Once I reach that goal will I quit dancing? Doubtful! :)

I'm having too much fun.

To set a goal all you have to do is know what you want. Pick one thing at a time and go for it.

Don't bother thinking about how you'll get from point A to point B. It will all fall into place.

Goals are a mindset and you need a good mindset! Places to look online are:

The Blog of Author Timothy Ferris
- He works and makes money and is the closest to a stripper lifestyle that I have seen set to real life. Well my mindset any how. If you know me well you know I've experimented with all sorts of crazy crap.

Life is supposed to be fun. Make money and vacation the rest of the time.

As I say when custys ask me what I do when I'm not the club: "Anything I want."

Don't know what you want? Let Tony Robbins help you: Goal Setting with Tony Robbins

Here is a book that I turn to for inspiration. Just open it up anywhere and start reading. If you're in a money funk it will help you shift gears no matter what part of the book you read!

4 comments:

Avalon on 5:59 AM said...

I LOVED Secrets of a Millionaire Mind.
Also Steven Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and Success is Not an Accident by Tommy Newberry.

Ask a Stripper on 11:11 AM said...

Cool the Newberry book is one I have not heard of. Thanks for that!

Read 7 Habits a long time ago and think I'll re-explore his series. :)

jess on 7:58 AM said...

These are all great books that really do help. Another good one is "how to mame people like you in 90 seconds or less" by Nicolas Boothman Since we are always trying to work fast!

Becoming a Stripper on 12:38 PM said...

Do you have questions about becoming a stripper?

Leave your comments or use the Ask a Stripper contact form.

Post a Comment

 

Ask a Stripper Copyright 2003-2015 All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Blog Skins